Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We Shine Together

I am enchanted by
Your everything
Your grace, your beauty shines
You are my everlasting reminder
That there is a better choice
A better possibility
I have avoided you, tried so much
To find you everywhere
Except where you are
But the unease of not being with you remains
What if I'm not good enough?
What if you hate me, or what if you reject me?
And then I realize that in your absence
You have shown me
The falsehoods of everything that I think is wrong
With me
These are just the unresolved areas of my shadow
Poking their heads out to say hello, asking for friendship
So it is when I stand in your light
That my shadow is cast
And I am forced to make friends with my fear
And now that this darkness is my friend
I can begin to shine
And instead of just standing in your light
We shine together, two beings
In one Light

Copyright 2009 Mastin Kipp

3 comments:

Deisha Tamar said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Let's shine together (:

Moon said...

Just love it!! nice writing

Unknown said...

Oh, It's so good start my day reading your words! let´s shine!